Thursday, April 25, 2013

Responce to Melissa Moriwaki's question

Question:
How do you think this will effect doughnut customers? Will they still think of Dunkin Donuts when looking to find a doughnut if DD's isn't marketing towards doughnut eaters anymore? How will this affect Dunkin Donuts?

I think DD is definitely moving away from the doughnuts aspect of their business and moving into other areas of business. I think the movement of American society is away from the junk foods and towards a healthier diet that does not include doughnuts. I honestly cannot remember the last time I purchased a doughnut from Dunkin. Most of the times when I go there I get a coffee and either a bagel or breakfast sandwich so I really don’t mind this shift.

I don’t believe that they will completely abandon their line of doughnuts but they will start to shift the focus to other products. This is a normal business decision and an easy one to make when thinking about profitability.

Will this shift affect the way you shop from Dunkin’?

No comments:

Post a Comment