Thursday, April 18, 2013

My responce to Michael Piekielek's question

Question: Should outside sources be able to access personal computers to advertise to individuals?

No, there is no reason that an advertising company should be able to access my personal information to cater ads specifically to me. If I have to watch an ad, it might as well be about something I care about but if ad agencies are accessing my personal information to create those ads, I want nothing to do with them. I already watch too many ads in a day and I sure don’t need any more targeted specifically to me. I believe that site like Facebook that sell personal information to ad agency’s need to be stopped. My personal information is not a product to be bought and sold and should not be treated as such.

Do you feel that you may need to increase your cyber security in the coming years?

No comments:

Post a Comment