Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Super Bowl Commercials

I know I am a couple of weeks late on this post but I haven't gotten a chance to post about this due to having to post about other things for class. I wanted to talk about the amount of marketing and advertising that goes on during the super bowl. Everybody always likes to watch the commercials because they are often times very entertaining and fun to watch with their big budgets and often times a great amount of humor.

I have never been a big fan of football in general but I do like to watch the games when they are on and I feel almost obligated to watch the super bowl because its the biggest game of the year and everyone else is going to be talking about it so i might as well watch. This year was no different that any other year (other than the power outage) and this included the amount of adds I watched over the course of the 4+ hour game. It was almost comical how many there were.

I don't think I went more that 5 minutes without seeing a Bud Light add.

Most of the commercials I saw I thought were pretty stupid and were trying to make me laugh way too hard and mostly failed except for a few. This got me thinking about what commercials appeal to what people and for what reasons and i though this would be a good place to ask.

This was my favorite commercial: http://youtu.be/QGoU3VH7He4

This was my favorite commercial because it was one of the very few that got me to laugh and one of the few commercials that I actually remember after the fact. It was because of this commercial that the other day when i went to the store, i looked to buy the body wash but I couldn't find it. i figured if the commercial got me to laugh that hard, i might as well try it.

So what was your favorite commercial and why?


No comments:

Post a Comment