Thursday, February 21, 2013

My repsonce to Kaley DeBoer's question:

Question: What are your thoughts on the effectiveness of this commercial?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGUshQPL8r4

I think that this commercial is not only funny but a very effective commercial.

I believe that the main goal of a commercial is to get you to remember the brand or product so that you will think of it the next time you are at the store and be influenced into buying it. I see this a lot in the form of slogans or catchy jingles that are played in commercials and get stuck in your head. These things create brand recognition. When you hear the jingle or slogan and you repeat it, you remember the brand or product and therefore are that much more likely to be influenced into purchasing it the next time you are in the store.

This kind of marketing isn’t limited to just songs but can also be affiliated with mascots.

When I think of a brand mascot, I first think of all the different characters you see on the front of the box when you walk down the cereal aisle. It seems like almost every different cereal has a character associated with it and I think that is what Jack Link's beef jerky is doing here. I have seen so many commercials featuring that sasquatch and all the crazy things that he does that now if I see his face, I instantly think of the their beef jerky. So in that sense, I do think that the commercial is very effective.

Who is your favorite brand mascot and why?

No comments:

Post a Comment