Thursday, February 14, 2013

My responce to Suzanne Koval's question

Question: Do you feel companies insistent advertising are to get your initially buy, and not for the quality of their product? 
 
I like this question mainly because it is one that I have asked myself many times after watching and hearing many different commercials. I think that the answer to this question depends greatly on the product being advertised in the first place. I know for myself personally, I will look for different things in an ad depending on what is being sold.
 
If the product being advertised is something like the new item being served at Taco Bell, I'm really only looking for a few things in the ad. These things are mainly what the product looks like and how much the product costs. Other than that, I'm not too concerned with the product because it is inexpensive and will be used quickly so for that reason I would say yes, the company is simply advertising for the initial buy.
 
But if I were looking to buy something else, my though process would be much different.
 
If I were looking to buy a new car, I would be wanting and expecting a much more quality focused advertisement. I am much more demanding of a product like a car because the cost of a new car is so great. If I were to see that a specific car had won the Motor Trend Car of the Year award (an award based on quality and value) then I would be much more inclined to buy that car verses its competitors based on the quality factor. So for this situation I would say that advertisers focus more on the quality of the product.
 
I think that the whole initial buy vs. quality question comes down to a matter of price and how much people are willing to pay for their "quality".
 
What are some products that you want to pay more for to achieve that sense of "quality"?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment