Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Smart Phones

This past week over break, my father called me and said that his cell phone contract was almost up and he was thinking about getting a new smart phone with his new contract. He then asked me what smart phone he should get and I thought about it and I didn’t know what to tell him. There are so many different brands out there but they all have fairly similar levels of performance so it really comes down to the style and appearance of the phone itself.

This got me thinking about the different kinds of marketing strategies that smart phone manufacturers use to appeal to different kinds of people.

It seems to me that all the different companies use different brand images in an attempt to attract different consumer base. Some are presented as more high performance than the competition while others are presented as a trendier and cool product. All these different phones are presenting themselves as a certain product and try to appeal to specific groups of people.

What smart phone do you like based simply on the brand image and why?

No comments:

Post a Comment